onsdag, mars 14, 2007

Is there a political solution to global warming?

Some say no. The challenge:

Name one government programme, in a democracy, for anything other than a war (on people, I mean, not ideas or natural conditions), that has ever forced the entire citizenry to do something as painful and inconvient as cut their energy usage by 20-50%. If you can do so, I will reconsider my stance. I note that Britain is in the early stages of just such a plan, and if it works, I will eat my words with a glad smile.



Tyler Cowen er litt mer enn bare enn blogger.

Jeg kan vanskelig se for meg at folk villig vekk skal kutte i levestandarden mens det samtidig øker med midler på kontoen som en da velger å ikke bruke for at en frivillig ønsker å spare jorden i fra en miljø katastrofe en gang i fremtiden.

0 Comments: