mandag, mars 01, 2010

Crisis in DR Congo

12 year-old, Henri, which is not his real name, points at a large fresh looking scar on his midriff.

"People accused me of sorcery and my mother believed them," he says.

"Look, here on my stomach. She tried to kill me with a knife. It really hurt and I cannot understand why my mother did it."



Henri, who is now being given help by a children's charity, had been playing outside his home in Goma, eastern Congo, when the accusations began.

His eyes begin to water as he remembers pleading with his mother, telling her that the claims were completely untrue. Not that this made any difference.

"She threw me out of the house and told me to go away," he says.

Henri was then forced to live on the streets until charity workers convinced his mother that the allegations were untrue.

Link

0 Comments: