fredag, november 07, 2008

My Experience In a Local McDojo

I have decided to write about my experiences in a sub-par Martial Arts studio named American Hapkido Karate. Before going off into detail, I will apologize for any possible grammatical mistakes that I may do in this article. If I do mess up and a certain sentence becomes unreadable because of it, just ask me what I meant and I will explain it to you.


My journey to this martial arts studio is probably the same story as everyone else who gets tricked into joining a McDojo. I was looking for a martial art that would teach me self-defense so I can be able to walk on t3h str33t. I started searching on the internet and I found a martial art named Hapkido. By what I read and what everyone was telling me, Hapkido would be the ultimate martial art to learn. I want to say at this point before I go into the rest of article that this is NOT an attack on Hapkido. I was shown video clips that people sent me of an attacker grabbing someone by the chest just to being thrown to the ground and be incapacitated. I saw a plethora of other videos that followed suit in that and I was more than impressed. I was ready to learn Hapkido. Now, to find a place that teaches it.....

Link

0 Comments: