onsdag, mai 24, 2006

Triumph of the Thetans

As luck would have it, I recently came into possession of an exciting DVD entitled "This is Scientology." Naturally, this got me all worked up in a tizzy, because I am an avid fan of Scientology media as well as crazy cults in general. If David Koresh had made a DVD before his compound burned down, I would be excited to watch it too. As is, I watched the entire 80-day standoff on TV and relished every ridiculous moment of it. Some might take a stodgier look at cults, but I find them hilarious. Where else can you find people willing to die because an insane bald man said a comet is going to take them to heaven? True, when the poison Kool-Aid and gasoline start to spread things turn tragic, but the wild ride toward certain disaster is quite exhilarating to observe from the sidelines.

Link

0 Comments: